Q&A: What kind of information should I include in my on-hold messages?
April 25, 2013
There are so many possible answers to this question! Let’s ask a few more questions and give some examples of what you could include in your on-hold messages.
- Does your business sell products or services? Explain the benefits of those products/services and showcase what makes your product stand out from the rest.
- Do callers often ask for directions or your hours? On-hold messages are a great place to share that information.
- Is your business a medical or law office? Give some background about the doctors or lawyers and your staff – their credentials, associations, and experience.
- Are you running any current specials? Use your on-hold messages to promote sales and special pricing. You could even feature an on-hold-only promotion to see how many callers are paying attention to the messages!
- Will your company be participating in upcoming trade shows, volunteer events, fairs, or festivals? Let callers know where they can meet you and your team in person.
- Want to just keep your callers entertained without sharing a lot of information about your business? Trivia makes for great filler. It could be industry related, or completely random and off-the-wall.
- Does your company have a unique history that not many people know? Tell the story in your on-hold messages.
- Will you be updating when the seasons change? Add monthly or season-specific ‘flair’ to the messages.